NSTDA plays an important role in science and technology development or innovation in Thailand. The types of research that would qualify for grant from NSTDA are as follow:
- Research that aims for commercial or public use
- Research that is valuable in the academic area and develops science and technology of the country
- Research that improves quality, productivity and values of national resources
NSTDA Grants include:
The grant aims to create a “chief professor” who is a leader in research and development in science and technology and connecting them to manufacturing and service sectors. The grant supports a research that will enhance competition in the industrial or service sector or overall development of the country. In 2011, there are categories of the grant:
- Alternative energy and Energy efficiency
- Material science appropriate to Thailand
- Health science
The grant has the following purposes:
- to create strong research group that performs with effective teamwork.
To continuously develop researchers and connect everyone from the students level to the senior researcher level.
- To create the sense of belonging and linking knowledge to
manufacture, service or social sector.
- To inspire research projects that are highly-influential to the economic
or social development, emphasize projects that are in line with 4 Cluster technology program of NSTD.
More details at www.nstda.or.th