PSU researchers winning international awards at Seoul International Invention Fair 2017 in Seol, Republic of Korea. The Fair took place between November 30th and December 3rd of 2017.
Winning researches include:
1. Gold Prize and Special Prize from Korea Patent Attorneys Association for “Positioning tool for vitrious injection” by Ms. Duangrat Mydee, Faculty of Medicine.
2. Gold Prize for “Development of a new nano-magnetic sorbent for Multiwalled carbon nanotube-alginate to analyze Polycyclyc Aromatic Hydrocarbon” by Assistant Professor Dr. Opas Bunkoed, and Associate Professor Dr. Proespichaya Kanatharana, Faculty of Science.
3. Gold Prize for “Make-up remover oil from rubber seed oil” by Associate Professor Dr. Thanaporn Amnuaikit, Assistant Professor Dr. Sirirat Pinsuwan, and Mr. Panitee Ruknam, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
4. Gold Prize for “Rubber foam mixed with insect attractants to help control fruit flies” by Assistant Professor Dr. Narit Taochan, Assistant Professor Dr. Ekwipoo Kalkornsurapranee, Associate Professor Dr. Aran Ngampongsai, Ms. Yawariyah Samoh, Ms. Rufia Mali, and Ms. Kodeeya Taowal, Faculty of Natural Resources.
5. Bronze Prize and Special Award from Indonesian Invention and Innovation Promotion Association for “Portable electroplated pen” by Assistant Professor Dr. Warakorn Limbut, Associate Professor Dr. Proespichaya Kanatharana, and Associate Professor Dr. Panote Thavarungkul
6. Bronze Prize for “Continuous biodiesel production using low-voltage ultrasound clamp tubular reactor” by Assistant Professor Dr. Krit Somnuk, Associate Professor Gumpon Prateepchaikul, Mr. Thanongsak Prasit, and Mr. Dulayawut Punyuso, Faculty of Engineering.
Seoul International Invention Fair 2017, also known as SIIF 2017, is one of the largest invention fairs in the world organized by COEX Korea Exhibition Center. The fair showcases science and technology innovations from 43 countries around the world while also serves as a gateway to the world market and a place for innovators to exchange ideas.