The ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 is to provide a place for all ASEAN IVO members to exchange ideas, discuss R&D topics and coordinate projects. Any and all members of ASEAN IVO can apply for the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 situation in the ASEAN region and Japan, the Steering Committee has decided to change the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 from a conventional forum into online forum through the Internet. Therefore, the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 shall be in an On-Demand format (*) through our website.
(*) On-Demand format: Applications for submitting presentations will be accepted by online after the webpage for Call for Presentations is open, as usual. All presentation materials, such as PPT file, presentation videos, etc. will be uploaded to the website. Every participant can check and view each presentation any time. A comment section will be provided for discussion between the presenter and participants for forming project teams.
- ICT for food
- ICT for Environment Protection and Disaster Prevention
- ICT for a Secure and Smart Community
- ICT for Health and Welfare
- ICT related Technologies and Applications
2. Important Dates
- Period for abstract submission: Sept. 9-29, 2020
- Period for uploading presentation materials: Oct. 10-25, 2020
- Duration of the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020: Oct. 28, 2020 – Jan. 11, 2021
The URL for submitting abstracts is coming soon.
3. Limitations to Submissions
4. Preparation and Procedure
- Please prepare the “Submission and Registration Form”, if you are planning to submit an abstract to the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020.
- ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 - Submission and Registration Form[Word 85.0KB]
- ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 - Submission and Registration Form[PDF 792KB]
- A website for “Submission and Registration” will be open from around September 9, 2020.
- When you are applying for the Forum, you must upload a PDF of your abstract as well as filling in the online registration information.
- Please note; the website for “Submission and Registration” will be close on September 29, 2020.
- A website for the forum’s program will open by October 10, 2020. Please check the program to see if your submission was accepted.
- Please submit presentation files on a dedicated website. The website will be open from October 10, 2020. You must submit a PDF of you PowerPoint presentation at this time. You may submit three additional supporting files for a maximum of four files total.
- Please note: the website for uploading presentation files will close on October 25, 2020.
- The additional supporting files can help participants to understand your presentation. They can be videos, including animation, audio for explanation, documents such as international conference papers, journal papers, etc. in PDF format, URL for a YouTube channel you made for your presentation etc.
- Any supporting materials you submit must be saved as PDFs, where possible. This includes PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. Any audio you submit should be in mp3 format and any video you submit should be in mp4 or mov format. Please ensure each file is no more than 130MB to reduce strain on servers and to make it easier for forum participants to download or view your files.
- Your presentation file and supporting materials will be available to view from October 28, 2020 to January 11, 2021.
- Please respond to comments written in the comments section by participants, discuss with each other, and form your team to apply for a new project next year.
Please submit all files to the designated website. Do not email any submissions to the secretariat, as they will not be accepted.